About Tobacco Factory Theatres
Tobacco Factory Theatres produces and presents excellent art in unique, intimate and visceral spaces, including our Factory Theatre and Brewery Theatre in Bristol, as well as off site in Bristol and in venues across the country.
We present a jam-packed programme of diverse and exciting shows, workshops and events, from classic and contemporary theatre, to theatre for families, comedy, dance, music, opera and puppetry. We also programme an extensive season of TF+ events and activities for audiences, artists and young people.
Tobacco Factory Theatres produces and presents excellent art in unique, intimate spaces. It aims to be a cultural flagship for the local community, an innovative social and cultural hub and an inspirational model of urban renewal.
- We started as an experiment and we encourage experimentation.
- We are ambitious and we encourage ambition: we tell epic stories in a small space.
- We seek as wide an audience for our work as possible.
- Our diverse programme is our cornerstone but we are a place of creation, development and learning, as well as performance.
- We never forget that our audience is our reason for existence.
- Produce and present a year-round rich and varied programme of theatre and other performing arts.
- Be a cultural resource that is accessible to, and works positively for, its community.
- Develop partnerships with individual artists, theatre companies, venues and other organisations locally, nationally and internationally.
- Be managerially and financially sustainable.
“ I have been to many theatres throughout my life but have never been more satisfied.Jake Flood, audience member