ARE YOU A YOUNG BRISTOL BASED ARTIST?
If so, get ready for SPARK: A Festival of Art 2020 – our festival of work created by 16–30 year olds and curated and produced by our Emerging Producers.
SPARK will be a floor-wide takeover, which means we’ll be presenting work in five spaces at Tobacco Factory Theatres.
Applications are now open! We are looking for Bristol’s artists and makers aged 16-30 to present their work at SPARK: A Festival of Art on Sun 14 June.
Spark Festival is an opportunity to bring together the most exciting emerging artists from across Bristol to share their voices and talent, and to dictate the conversations that they want to have. We want to fill our spaces (every corner of them) with new ideas by programming experimental, important work. We want your voices!
SPARK is a festival produced by the Tobacco Factory Theatres’ Emerging Producers. We are looking to programme emerging artists who need a platform to perform and a chance to be surrounded by, and connected with, like minded creatives. We want to showcase art that is important or exciting to you as a young person.
We are looking for any genre or style of art – we want you to tell stories in innovative and inventive ways. It is important to us that you are enthusiastic and committed to creating a finished piece.
We are also offering some Supported Places. These will include access to rehearsal rooms and support from our Emerging Producers. Please fill in the Supported Places form and send with your application if you wish to be considered.
Pieces we are looking for:
- ANY type or genre of art
- Work at a variety of stages – able to be complete/ at a performative stage by the festival
- 5 – 20 minutes performances, or durational installation pieces
Artists we are looking for:
- Emerging artists aged 16-30
- People from or living in Bristol
- Solo artists and groups
- Artists at all stages of their career – no formal training or experience required
- Interviews: Wed 01 and Thu 02 April
- SPARK: Sun 14 June
- You will also be required to be at the Tobacco Factory Theatres on other dates throughout the process. These will be confirmed with successful applicants.
- Deadline: 23:59 Sun 22 March.
Please note we are only able to offer access to limited lighting and technical support.
If you’re interested in applying, download the short application form along with an equal opportunities form. Please submit your completed forms by 23:59 Sun 22 March to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with SPARK ARTIST APPLICATION FORM and the name of your piece in the subject line.
We can’t wait to hear from you!