Calling performers from Bristol and the surrounding area!
We are auditioning for a new resident ensemble at Tobacco Factory Theatres – our Factory Company.
For the first time, from January to May 2018, we will bring together a brilliant company of largely local actors to create two dynamic and exhilarating productions for our Factory Theatre spring season:
Macbeth, by William Shakespeare
Directed by Adele Thomas
Thu 22 February – Sat 07 April
A View From the Bridge, by Arthur Miller
Directed by Mike Tweddle
Wed 18 April – Sat 12 May
As well as performing in the shows, members of the Factory Company will connect with our local community, artists and audiences through workshops, talks and masterclasses.
Who Can Apply?
If you have worked or trained professionally in performance, are aged 18 or over and are based within a 20 mile radius of Bristol, you can apply to be part of the Factory Company.
We encourage applications from:
- Performers who have come to theatre through unconventional routes
- Actors who may not have performed classical work before
- People of all backgrounds, physical abilities, nationalities and identities
The deadline for applications is Mon 11 September 2017 at 9am. Please send us:
- Your CV and headshot (or Spotlight link)
- Up to 500 words about why you’d like to be part of the Factory Company. (Don’t worry about it being brilliantly written, you can even give us bullet points if that’s easier.)
- An equal opportunities monitoring form (which you can download from this page)
Applications can be sent to email@example.com and addressed to Kerrie Burke-Avery, Senior Producer.
First round auditions will take place in late September, and will require you to prepare two short speeches from contrasting plays of your choice. We want to meet as many applicants as possible, but if we receive high numbers of applications we may not be able to see everyone.
Posted on 27 July 2017
- Equalities Monitoring Form 2017