Experimental live music and Baroque-pop mash-ups, gender-twisting visuals and gothic storytelling – presented by She Goat (a new company made up of two members of Little Bulb Theatre).
Experimental live music and Baroque-pop mash-ups; gender-twisting visuals and gothic storytelling: this new work is an exploration of ‘the Doppelgänger’ – devised and performed by a pair of real life doppelgängers.
With an uncanny blend of European 1630s-inspired retrofuturism and 1930s wrestling, DoppelDänger explores the boundaries between self and other, gig and theatre, and questions representations of femalehood on stage.
Eugénie Pastor and Shamira Turner are associate artists of award-winning Little Bulb Theatre. After years of being mistaken for one another, they decided to lean into it, heavily. Together, they are interested in blurring the territories of theatre and music, extravagant multi-tasking, and reclaiming what it means to be two women on stage.
Thursday 21st June’s performance will be accessible to blind and partially sighted audiences:
– We are offering a free pre-show Touch Tour at 7pm (20mins): you can feel the set, props, costumes and musical instruments and familiarise yourself with the voices of the performers.
– There will also be an Audio Described introduction just before the show at 7.40pm (15mins).
– Guide dogs are welcome in the theatre.
– Just let the box office know of any special seating requirements when booking your ticket.
For more information and to reserve your place on the Touch Tour, please email email@example.com
- RUNNING TIME1hr
- VENUEThe Wardrobe Theatre
8pm (plus 2pm on Sat)