This workshop will be led by Eloise Grobbelaar
The main aim of this session is to equip you and leave you feeling confident in your ability to support and manage the behaviour of the children and young people you work with.
The session will explore:
- The neuroscience and psychology behind behaviour in order to gain a better understanding of what we see and why we’re seeing it.
- ‘Quick Wins’ – the basics that can be done ahead of time or at the beginning of a session to support behaviour and provide structure and clarity to the children and young people.
- Learning (and practising) proven strategies and techniques, which can be used when behaviour escalates.
- There will also be time to ask questions and problem-solve specific scenarios.
Eloise is a mum and a teacher with a specific focus on Emotional Intelligence, Autism and different Behaviour Approaches. Eloise is also a Team Teach Tutor, Relax Kids Coach and has a Post-Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Condition.
Having expertise and almost 20 years experience working with children and young people with various needs, she is fascinated by the latest neuro-science research and the implications this has for approaches and strategies in terms of children’s emotional intelligence development.
Eloise enjoys empowering professionals, parents and children with proven skills and strategies, to go beyond behaviour management and move instead towards having successful experiences with happy, confident and resilient children and young people!
Want to know more about other training opportunities for professionals? We’re also running a Facilitator Training workshop in Working With SEN Children And Young People on Tue 10 December 2019.
- RUNNING TIME6:30 - 9:30pm
- VENUESpielman Theatre