Inside: A View From the Bridge is an event created to open up discussion around the theatrical and political context of A View From the Bridge as well as examining methods from our rehearsal room. Take part in lively discussions, lectures, workshops and Q&A sessions with experts in the field, including hearing from our Artistic Director and director of the production, Mike Tweddle.
Tea, coffee and croissants will be served in the morning and a buffet lunch will be provided at 1pm.
The morning’s activities will include:
- Attention must finally be paid to such a person: Miller, McCarthyism, and the Mundane.
A talk by Dr Peter Sloane. Dr Sloane teaches English Literature at the University of Bristol, specialising in 20th and 21st century British and American writing. He has articles and book chapters published and forthcoming on Kazuo Ishiguro, Chang-Rae Lee, Colson Whitehead, and Arthur Miller (Palgrave 2019), as well as filmmakers Wes Anderson and Sergei Parajanov. He is currently working on his first monograph: David Foster Wallace and the Question of the Body (Routledge, 2019).
- Director in Conversation. Hear the director, Mike Tweddle, talking about the influences and creative decisions that have fed into this production of A View From the Bridge.
- The Sound of Miller. Explore how the accents needed for the play influence the performance and approach by the actors.
A talk by Nick Trumble. Nick trained in classical acting at The Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art and has a masters degree in voice studies from the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama. Nick was also the Dialect Coach for this production.
You do not need to see the production in advance. If you would like to see the production on this day, the morning is timed so that you can watch the matinee performance.
“It is so good to hear how the director has approached a production and however experienced a playgoer you are, there is always something to be learned” Angela on Inside: Macbeth
“I was thoroughly impressed and left feeling inspired, so thank you for such an engaging and interesting event. I look forward to booking onto the next and am keen to know what the sessions will be” Ellie on Inside: Macbeth
“Not only the range of topics covered but the quality of the talks were exceptional” Laura on Inside: Macbeth
- RUNNING TIME3hrs
- AGE RECOMMENDATION18+
- TICKETS£35 including buffet lunch (Need help with this fee? Please email email@example.com)
- VENUETobacco Factory Theatres
10am – 1pm