Tobacco Factory Theatres is looking for 25 people, aged 19 and up, from the local community, to take part in a fun and engaging weekly drama course. The experience will culminate in a performance on stage alongside our professional acting company in our new production of Arthur Miller’s A View From the Bridge.
Over the course of ten weeks, these 25 individuals will come together to meet weekly as a community company; to get to know one another, explore performing skills and work towards joining the rehearsals of A View From the Bridge. Each member of the group will then take on a small ensemble role in the production, with groups of five people – per performance – acting alongside the professional Factory Company in our Factory Theatre. Workshops and rehearsals will be led by Mike Tweddle, Artistic Director at Tobacco Factory Theatres.
This is a unique opportunity for adults of all ages and backgrounds to:
- Meet and learn from one another and from theatre professionals
- Discover the joy and excitement of acting on stage
- Go on a shared adventure, culminating in an unforgettable experience
Mike Tweddle said, of the opportunity: “A View From the Bridge is about a close-knit community who are thrown into crisis by the tragic unravelling of one man. The story will be enriched by the involvement of our brilliant community performers and I can’t wait to start working with them.”
WHO IS IT FOR
- Anyone can apply – no acting experience necessary.
- We welcome people of all ages (19+), identities and backgrounds.
- There is no traditional audition process, however you will be invited to attend a taster workshop to see if it is for you.
- We are looking for people who live in the South West region only (including South Wales).
- Actors with professional training or experience, or who are currently training, are kindly asked not to apply.
DURING THE PROJECT YOU WILL
- Learn how to move and speak on stage.
- Learn how to work as an ensemble company.
- Attend fun and engaging weekly workshops.
- Explore the work of Arthur Miller, and get under the skin of A View From the Bridge.
- Build lasting connections with other people.
DO I NEED TO PAY?
The course costs £60. We will be offering places free of charge to those who can’t afford it.
Sessions will take place every Tuesday, 6.30pm – 8.30pm from Tue 23 January 2018 to mid-April 2018 at Tobacco Factory Theatres.
A View From the Bridge opens on Wed 18 April and runs until Sat 12 May. You will need to be available for one week of the run.
HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY?
For more information please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying, please fill in the application form and send it along with an equal opportunities form to email@example.com
The deadline for submissions is Wed 29 November 10am.
Taster sessions will be held in December.
We hope to invite everyone to attend a taster workshop, however as we cannot predict the number of applications we’ll receive there may be a shortlisting process.