As part of Get Involved, we are thrilled to be opening our doors and offering work experience placements to six young people (Year 10-13) who will join us for one week, where they will have exclusive access to the inner workings of our theatres, as well as the opportunity to develop employability skills and complete a Bronze Arts Award.
As part of your placement, you will…
- Observe rehearsals in the theatre
- Interview various staff in different roles including producing, marketing and development
- Complete an independent project (all students together) which will be presented to the theatre staff
- Complete a Bronze Arts Award
As one of the few theatre venues offering work experience in the region, there is strong competition for these places. Due to this (and to offer a professional experience to all those interested) there is an application process.
Our Work Experience programme is open to anyone in Year 10-13 who lives and attends school in Bristol. Priority will be given to students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- From a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background
- Lives in Hartcliffe / Knowle / Filwood / Bishopsworth / Bedminster Down / Withywood
- Attends one of these schools:
Ashton Park School / Merchants Academy / Bedminster Down / Oasis Academy John Williams / Bridge Learning Campus / St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School
- Please complete and submit an application form OR send a film of yourself answering the questions on the application form. If you need support to apply, please do get in touch, as we want to make sure that anyone who wants to apply is able to do so.
- Deadline is 5pm Mon 13 January 2020.
- Email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘WORK EXPERIENCE’ in the subject line.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the end of January 2020 and invited to interview in February (dates TBC)
- Successful candidates will be notified shortly after this.
For more information, please contact Bryony Roberts, Director of Get Involved on email@example.com / 0117 963 0942.