After the brilliant success of YTM Perform 2018-19, and the company’s storming production of Chaos (as part of National Theatre Connections) we are thrilled to have selected our new YTM Perform Company 2019-20!
They will work with us from September 2019 – April 2020 on a scripted piece of theatre, directed by a professional theatre director and supported by a professional creative team, working towards three performances in our Factory Theatre in April 2020.
Watch this space for more information about our wonderful new company and the production they will be working on…
You will work with us from September 2019 – April 2020 on a scripted piece of theatre, directed by a professional theatre director and supported by a professional creative team, working towards three performances in our Factory Theatre in April 2020.
To join this company, you will need to take part in one of our selection workshops. We are aiming to see all applicants in the selection workshops and then will select a company after that point. The workshops are on Sun 23 June at the theatre (see details below) and we are looking for young people who are not only talented performers but who also work well with others and can contribute to the company as a whole.
You must be:
- Aged 13-19 years old
- Available for all the rehearsal and performance dates
- Keen to work with excellent theatre practitioners
- Enthusiastic about working in an ensemble with other young people
You could be:
- Interested in other areas of theatre such as design, technical, marketing, etc. If so, you would not be expected to attend all rehearsals from September – you would join the process later but we welcome your application at this point.
DATES Please see the YTM Perform Fact Sheet (downloadable from this page)
COST £200 in total (includes all sessions/rehearsals September 2019 – April 2020)
We do not want anyone to miss this opportunity due to financial constraints so are able to offer fully funded places on this course thanks to the Dan Hickey Access Fund www.tobaccofactorytheatres.com/funding-opportunity. Please get in touch for an application form.
IMPORTANT: Before applying, please read the YTM Perform Fact Sheet carefully (downloadable from this page). All the key dates are included and it is vital that you make sure you’re fully available before applying.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of interest outlining why you would like to join YTM Perform and what you feel you can offer to the company (no more than 250 words)
- A completed registration form (download from this page)
- Your preferred workshop time on Sun 23 June (please specify if you can attend any time): 10.30am – 11.30am; 12.15pm – 1.15pm; 2.30pm – 3.30pm
Please put ‘YTM Perform’ in the subject line of your email (or on the envelope if posting).
CLOSING DATE: Wed 19 June, 12 noon
Please contact Bryony, Get Involved Director, to find out more:
email@example.com / 0117 963 0942